Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ben Fields Presents



Howdy Friends and Family,

It has been a while since I've been at the Blogspot.  I have missed it to be honest; and I appreciate all of the kind things that all of you had to say about my blog this past summer.  On this blog I am going to post my film projects.  Everything from what I have done already, to projects that are microscopic ideas now.   I hope you enjoy reading and watching.  Class started in September so we have some catching up to do.

The first two weeks of class we learned the basics of film making.  We learned the foundations of telling a story using moving pictures.  It sounds so simple, but the deeper we dig into the art of motion picture, the more intricate it becomes.  After our second week of class we were handed a super 8 millimeter camera.  The assignment was to take about 50 feet of film (3 minutes) of black and white film , and visually tell a story (No Sound)  of a character meeting an obsticle, and overcoming it.  Pretty simple criteria.  Here's what I came up with.  We filmed this at 1 Washington Circle Washington, United States of Amurica.



Sarah was such a good sport to help me and she turned out to be awesome.   It took us about 2 hours to film the whole thing and it wound up to be a lot better than either of us expected.  The hula hoop was the  one that Lolly gave me before I left San Marcos in September.  I wrote about that in my Benny's Travels Blog I believe.

This week I am in the process of editing a different film.  It's the second of our Super 8mm projects.  On this one, Titled ALONE, I once again coerced  one of my closest peeps into acting for me.  This project was longer.  We had 3 times as much film (150 feeet b&w film) to make a movie around a minute and a half long.  We took an overnight backpacking trip to Paris Mountain State Park in Greenville, SC.  We Hiked about 3 miles down from the top of Paris Mountain to a Reservoir where we filmed this short.  Here are a few pictures from the weekend.



This short should be finished around the end of January 2009.  When I'm done with it I will post it on here.  I am teaming up with a buddy of mine to write original music to this film as well as my next one.

Well so long for now.  Have happy holidays all.

love love



No comments:

Post a Comment